Get me outta here!

Thursday, October 15, 2015

Bathroom Prank

Hello world!
Sometimes when we're travelling, there must be funny or stupid things that happened around us and those moments will still reminded in our memories. I will tell my unforgettable, funny story (i think) which happened last year.

Back to the end of September 2014, me & my 14 classmates were doing tour guide and tour leader final examination from our campus. We had a Java - Bali Overland Trip for 9 days, started from our campus in South Jakarta, went through West Java, Central Java, Yogyakarta, East Java, and took an end in Bali. It was a fun trip yet we were very under-pressured because of the examination by our 2 lectures.

On the first day, we spent most of our times in the coach. We took a long journey from Jakarta to Kledung, Dieng, Central Java. It was around 500 kilometers journey by land. We only had some rest stop during the day. After about 15 hours, we finally arrived at Kledung Pass, a hotel where we were going to spent our night. It's located in a mountaineous area so the weather was cold and windy.

Before we get off the bus, one of our lectures, Mr Patrick, told us to put our luggages in the lobby and have a dinner first before take a shower and have some rest. We were tired already because during our friends' turns to be the tour guide in the bus, we were not allowed to sleep. But then he continued to speak "later on after dinner, you can take a shower in the bathrooms at the backside of the hotel. They don't provide bathroom inside your rooms. And there is no warm water" I was shocked and annoyed. What?? How can a three-stars hotel does'nt have a toilet in the room? Is that possible? Most of my classmates were complaining or murmuring. But we were very tired and just got off the bus with our luggages, walked lazily toward the lobby. Still curious, i asked the receptionist, "please tell me, we have our own bathroom inside the room, right?" But he answered, "really sorry miss, our bathrooms are at the end of room hallway. On the right and left side on every floors." "Is there a water heater?" But he shook his head. I saw his expression was a bit suspicious. I was amazed and disappointed.

I left my bags there and went to the restaurant for dinner. We were chit-chating and thought that we would just brush teeth and wash our face then go to sleep after this because the cold weather. And the most important thing, we have to go together to the bathrooms because the hotel is a bit creepy and old. After having dinner, we went to our rooms. It was a spacious room with a double bed, TV, a dresser, sofas, and a three-door cupboard. Old building, wood furnitures, and some paintings over the wall. And seriously, that's true that there was no bathroom inside.

So, without lingering, I took my towel, changing clothes and shower needs, then went out to the toilets. My friends were already there, some brushing teeth on the washbasin, some having showers. There was one toilet left, and I went in. I was just hanging my stuffs on the hanger and suddenly I heard my friend shouting outside the toilet. "Woy ('Hey' slank in Indonesian) !! Guys, there is a bathroom inside the cupboard!" The other friend inside the other toilet replied, "what the hell you're lying right! I'm in the middle of shower now!" Then i took my stuffs and followed my friend to  her room. She proved me by open one side of the cupboard and show me that there is another door inside the cupboard. Oh-my-God. I felt like in Narnia movies, you know, when the role play hide and seek and found another exit door inside the cupboard. HAHA it was realy.... annoying. I ran to my own room and thats it. The hidden bathroom inside our wardrobe + water heater. We were fooled by our lectures and the hotel staff! Everybody was noisy and Mr Pat and Mr Arief (the other lecture) were sitting in the lobby with their cup of coffee and their cruel laughter.

We soon learned that it was a secret prank that given to the student every year, so the hotel staffs also knowing this joke already. What a day! Sadly I wasn't thinking to take our room's photo back then :(

me and classmates before sunrise outside Kledung Pass' Lobby

A view from the street in our way to Dieng Peak
Dieng's temples

Dieng Heritage's Site

0 comments:

Post a Comment